Friday, February 17, 2023

Help me get to Camp!

Hello, 

my name is Gabriel,




 

    I am a catholic missionary living in the jungles of Peru. Though I am only 13 years old I made the commitment with my mom to live among the poor. Yes, among the poor, not above the poor, but with the poor, in the jungles of Peru. 


    Just a few things interesting about me. I was born in the US. When we got here, I was just 7 years old and I knew no Spanish, so I had to learn quickly. I am also home-schooled because our ministries take first priority. Since I am homeschooled, I can learn at my own pace; sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Homeschool also allows me to learn even at night or on weekends.

You may be wondering why I am writing this letter! With that said I am trying to go to Faith Camp in July, but the cost is $550.00 for the weeklong camp.

 

This is the 1 st year I have been old enough to go. And well Since we live in Peru with the poor, and our full-time missionaries we don’t have a lot of money, and the money that we do have we give away to the poor. Most kids in the USA would sell lemonade or set up a carwash to raise the funds to go to camp or possibly even mow a few lawns to get enough to go. But here in Peru among the poor, I am not sure any of those fundraising ideas would work too well.  So, I am asking for your help to reach my goal.

 

You might be wondering why Faith Camp! Or why I want to go to Faith Camp. So, I would like to tell you a little bit of what I know. 

The Camp is led by Family Missions Company, and it is held in Louisiana. Lots of the FMC teen missionaries serving all over the world make the trip back to attend. It’s a great time for us “Third Culture kids” (those of us living and growing up in another culture that is not our own) to get to hang out and relate to one another. I have also heard that faith camp is a week of nothing but fun, there is mass and lots of activities and games (so I have heard) and a great opportunity to encounter Jesus!!!!!! If you still are not convinced here is a link to the page if you want to read more about FAITH CAMP, I am super positive you will like what you see. 

 

Acts 20:35

“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” And as I give my life to the poor you also can receive many blessings by partnering with me! Together we can be Jesus’s hands and feet as we earn our spots in heaven. If you feel called to donate please be confident in knowing that I will intercede on your behalf, that the Lord will bless you 100 times over for your generosity.







 

 

With Love Gabriel Del Castillo 💓💓


If you feel called to help me get to camp, please click the link that follows And please add in the comments on the donation page FAITH CAMP! 


make a donation








No comments:

Post a Comment