Friday, July 28, 2023

Greetings of Grace and Peace to you!


 




Adoring our lord for the 1st time in the chapel of Santa Maria Magdalena's home

"God is all love. This gentle Savior pleads with us from the Host: “Love Me as I have loved you; abide in My love! I came to cast the fire of love on the earth, and My most ardent desire is that it should set your hearts on fire.”

We welcome this new season!

    Last Saturday was a very Holy and Blessed Day. It was the day that Santa Maria Magdalena’s home was officially opened and the day of the blessing of the Chapel and the 1st mass to ever be celebrated here. There has been a great physical change here of course with the completion of the home, gardens, chapels, drive, and rock wall.  But there has also been a spiritual change that can be noticed by just walking through the gardens, having prayer time in the chapel, and just by being here.  

     Saturday on the feast day of Maria Magdalena the Bishop installed the Eucharist in the chapel which is a gift like no other. With that said it is as if the Lord and all the saints are walking about the property. The sounds of his creation have come alive more than ever, the birds sing louder, the river keeps a constant tempo throughout the land, and the flowers and other plants are thriving as never before.

    Father Robert had the day videoed, so I hope to share the day with you soon. The bishop's homily was incredible and such an encouragement, honor, and testimony, to Family Missions Company, to each one of you, and the Yes that so many of us have said to the Lord in order for this home, this chapel, and His mission to come alive here.

     Through my prayer time, Jesus has encouraged me to plan our 1st women's healing retreat here. Gabriel and I are wrapping up our other ministries which we still have down the mountain so we can focus on serving those Jesus brings to the home. We had our 1st adoration night last night. And will soon have a weekly worship night and potluck dinner.

     Our 1st mission is to serve and walk alongside the mothers and children that he sends here but the second is to also disciple them and show them a healthy and holy community and allow them opportunities to serve the Lord within the surrounding community.

    This new season has my heart full and overflowing! It was the gift of Fortitude that served and allowed us to complete the 1st initial phases of this mission here. Because with this virtue came opportunities to exercise courage, perseverance, patience, and meekness. I cannot wait to see what the Lord unfolds next. I am sure he intends to grow us and stretch us in all the things we struggle with. It is all but certain that he desires to give us opportunities to grow in our ability to love like him.  He has not revealed all of his plans to us, but we know whatever he has planned is going to be even more amazing than the past year.

The Lord's many miracles 

    The Lord has indeed performed many miracles here and he has multiplied everything from rocks, grass, and funds in order to complete the 1st phases.

    But we still need monthly donations to operate each month and funds to build the long-term homes at the back of the property. As the community house will function for short-term mothers and healing retreats. We have redesigned and replanned the one-room homes in order to optimize funds.  With that said the material cost is estimated at $5,000.00 for each home and roughly $5,000.00 in labor, so a total of 10,000.00 for each home. We desire to build at least 3 to 4 homes.  

    If you feel called to partner with us monthly, it can be as little as $5.00 a month. If Jesus is calling you to help build these homes, please feel free to make a monthly or a one-time donation to the project by following this Donation link


Santa Maria Magdalena’s Home | Family Missions CompanyFamily Missions Company

 or copy and paste the following into your browser. 

https://www.familymissionscompany.com/santa-maria-magdalenas-home/


     We also would like to extend the offer to those who feel called to come here and help us build the homes to reach out to us in order to plan a visit.  If you have a desire to work with your hands and want to experience mission life, we welcome and encourage those of you who have heard the call to act on the impulse.

💓💓

I must confess to you that it is humbling to know that Gabriel and I are just merely conduits connecting Jesus’s resources with those who need them the most, His beloved poor.

It is not easy to ask for support/ funds because it is not my strong suit, I was raised to be self-efficient and not to ask for help; it was a disgrace to do so. But Praise God that the courage comes from him and that Jesus has whispered countless of times telling me “You are asking for me”! You are asking for my beloved poor” You are inviting others into the mission and giving them the same opportunities, I am giving you to serve, so be bold and trust in me.”

 

Maybe I have shared this with you already, but I was reminded of it just a few weeks ago and well Mother Teresa is my hero and a saint that I look up to and pray to often. I ask her to intercede for me often in the fundraising department. This article shows how bold she was for the poor and I desire to do the same!  

So, if you want to be encouraged take a few minutes to read it! You will not be sorry. Just click and follow the link : Learning about living boldy in faith from a beggar for the poor 

Another inspirational act was the following story of her boldness, mercy and love for the poor

One day, Mother Teresa was asking a baker for some bread to feed the hungry children in her orphanage. The baker was furious with her request, not only did he turn her down, he spat at her. In response to his outrageous actions, Mother Teresa calmly reached deep into her pocket, took out her handkerchief, wiped the spat off, and said "That was for me, now what about some bread for my poor children." The baker was touched by Mother Teresa's love and greatness, complied and thereafter provided bread for the children in the orphanage.

                                                                           💓💓

I know asking may offend some, but I can only pray that the cries of the poor can be heard louder than the groans and pains it may cause when I ask. I ask nothing for myself or for Gabriel and only ask for the poor whom Jesus desires us to serve. So I pray you will have Christ-like mercy on us and those we serve and invite you to become partners with us!


 Just a few of the pictures I was able to take at the luncheon that followed the mass. I will share with you the video when it is ready. 







 

 

Karen and Gabriel Del Castillo 

Mission post : Santa Clara, Amazonas, Peru - 

Santa Maria Magdalena's Home 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment