Sunday, May 20, 2018

God’s Grace is Sufficient - An Update on Love Until it Hurts

  God’s Grace is sufficient - An Update on Love Until it Hurts



 I wanted to thank each one of you for your recent prayers.
 I feel its important for each of you to know 
what really can come from prayers. 
So much strength courage and love we have gained: We have been very blessed in such a wonderful way, because you have been merciful enough to pray for us.  
In return all the gifts we have received we are able to share with those we live among.  






 Our little friend Denison is feeling the 
rewards of each one of your prayers as well.
He seems to have figured out we are nice
 and would like to be friends. 
It's so wonderful to know that when we open the door he politely asks if he can enter.
 That he no longer greets us with a kick or a punch. 
He knows that we welcome him and that he can come sit at our table and color or just simply talk to us. More so he seems to be super happy when he comes while I am cooking. He seems to always be hungry. We offer him food and water and without hesitation he always accepts our offer.  


I must beg each of you still to pray for me. At times when we are running low on donations and food is scares and I am worried about how I am going to feed my own children until we receive another donation, I tend to hesitate offering Dennison food.

 I pray that God continues to reshape and mold me into his likeness. When my head hits the pillow at night I recall the times I hesitated to be like Christ; to love as he did. 

However I am thankful that in my hesitation Jesus steps right in and handles my unbelief and my lack of faith. He is quickly there to help me when I stumble and when I worry. He is quick to take my hand and show me his mercy, grace and kindness. 

In the book of 2 Corinthians 12:9 Saint Paul writes 

“My grace is sufficient for you,
 for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 


God made this wonderful promise to Paul, and I must remember that the same promise that God made to Paul he makes for each one of us.

And yes I mean all of us.  As a single mom having raised four children two which are since grown and with my two youngest we are serving as Lay Catholic Missionaries in a 3rd world country, it’s unbelievable to me how hard headed and quickly I can forget Gods promise. 

I often find myself trying to depend on myself and my own resources, strength and intelligence. At times I find myself believing that its, I who must provided. That its I that needs to figure it all out. In reality its simple that I need to do is fall on my knees: to praise and adore Christ for all he has done for us. For all he will continue to do for us.   Understanding that I do not need to rely on myself for our needs, that in my weakness he will provide all that I need. 
  
So my friends I continue to ask each of you for prayers that I may continue to grow in the likeness of Christ. More so that I will not hesitate to boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ power may rest upon me. 


Please rest in knowing that we are constantly praying for each of you. Please allow us to receive Gods graces by praying for your intentions. Please send us your special prayer intentions. And thank you to those of you whom have already sent in yours. 

Karen Del Castillo
Catholic Missionary

Contact us with your prayer intentions, follow our blog, or make a donation at the following links.












No comments:

Post a Comment